You are currently viewing Man living with disability dies in shack fire

Man living with disability dies in shack fire


An elderly man living with a disability died when his shack caught fire on Thursday night at Okarui okape village near the Omatjete settlement in the Erongo region.

Erongo police regional commander for community affairs, inspector Ileni Shapumba said the deceased, 73-year-old Mathias Tjirimezumo was living alone.

“It is reported that he had been using a self-made paraffin lamp, and it is suspected that the lamp burst and caused the fire,” said Shapumba.

The deceased sustained 90 degree burn wounds and died at the scene.

No foul play is suspected.

The next of kin were informed.





Source link